The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (“HHS”) has released updated reporting requirements for the use of Provider Relief Funds (“PRF”).
- The period of availability of funds is based on the date the payment is received (rather than requiring all payments be used by June 30, 2021, regardless of when they were received).
- Recipients are required to report for each Payment Received Period in which they received one or more payments exceeding, in the aggregate, $10,000 (rather than $10,000 cumulatively across all PRF payments).
- Recipients will have a 90-day period to complete reporting (rather than a 30-day reporting period).
- The reporting requirements are now applicable to recipients of the Skilled Nursing Facility and Nursing Home Infection Control Distribution, in addition to General and other Targeted Distributions.
- The PRF Reporting Portal will open for providers to start submitting information on July 1, 2021.
Payment Received Period
(Payments Exceeding $10,000 Deadline to Reporting
in Aggregate Received) Use Funds Time Period
Period From 4/10/2020 6/30/2021 7/1 to 9/30/2021
1 to 6/30/2020
Period From 7/1/2020 12/31/2021 1/1 to 3/31/2022
2 to 12/31/2020
Period From 1/1/2021 6/30/2022 7/1 to 9/30/2022
3 to 6/30/2020
Period From 7/1/2021 12/31/2022 1/1 to 3/31/2023
4 to 12/31/2021
Details are available here.
We expect to file reports in late August 2021 through September 30, 2021 for initial PRF distributions. The Hospice Financial Management Academy, scheduled for September 13-14, 2021 in Las Vegas, will provide attendees with illustrative reporting models for hospices used in actual filings regarding the use of PRF. Of course we will be providing more details over the next couple of months.