We are very excited as we finalize our plans for the upcoming 2022 Hospice Financial Management Academy to be held on September 19-20, 2022. We are thrilled to be back at the Hotel Monteleone in New Orleans and look forward to seeing many clients and friends, as well as making new friends. Of course, we are looking forward to the networking opportunity and dining experiences, both at the conference and across New Orleans, which is unlike anything in the country.
We have a few spots remaining for the program; however, don’t delay. We will sell out (attendance is limited to better ensure the education experience for the attendees) and room block discounts at the Hotel Monteleone are set to expire August 18, 2022. Rooms can be secured at Hotel Monteleone LVX – Reservations – Room Availability (synxis.com) or by calling (800) 217-2033. If reserving your room by phone, make certain to inform the hotel that you are attending The Health Group conference to secure the discounted rates. A few Saturday night rooms are available. If you want to reserve on Saturday, enter Saturday as your check-in date to see availability at our discounted rate of $189/night.
The 2022 program will include coverage of financial issues of current and future importance to hospices. Topical coverage includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Post COVID-19 changes impacting hospice operations,
- How changes throughout the healthcare industry will impact hospice,
- Program integrity and acceleration of claim recovery efforts by CMS,
- Financial reporting update and improvement to meet reporting requirements,
- Developments regarding Medicare enrollment, reporting changes in enrollment, and current review practices,
- Hospice movement toward Medicare Advantage,
- Developments and management of Hospice CAP,
- Changes in cost reporting and the use of cost reporting data for payment rates, including hospice wage index, and
- Data available to hospices and use of the date for management purposes.
Additional details regarding the program, including registration information, is available here. If you have any special needs, please contact us in advance of the conference.
CMS PREPARES FOR YEAR THREE OF MEDICARE ADVANTAGE VBID HOSPICE MODEL
In January 2021, CMS initiated its testing for the inclusion of hospice as part of the Medicare Advantage benefit. The test model runs for four (4) years, 2001 through 2004. In April, CMS issued its modification to the model for 2023, r11383demo.pdf (cms.gov). Additionally, CMS has released MLN Matters article MM12688, MM12688 – Calendar Year 2023 Modifications/Improvements to Value-Based Insurance Design (VBID) Model – Implementation (cms.gov), During 2023, hospices are still required to submit claims to both the Medicare Administrative Contractor and the Medicare Advantage plan.